All dogs need exercise, affection, rules, and boundaries in order to have a calm and balanced state of mind. Through walking, training, and establishing a routine and rules, you can have a peaceful and calm home life with your dog. Our services are located in the Austin, TX area.
- I offer in-your-home training. I can conduct a one-time visit, or packages of 3 or 5 lessons.
- I also offer Board & Train in my home for one or two weeks.
All classes will be tailored to your dog’s needs, and I will teach the commands you would like your dog to know. But, here are some ideas:
Puppy Management and Basic Commands
Puppies are a handful. Most people aren’t aware of the constructive work and attention it requires to mold a puppy into a well behaved adult dog. Give me a call to help you out if you are getting a puppy, or just got a puppy and need help with:
- Potty Training
- Leash Walking
- Nipping / Jumping
- Crate Training
- Sit, Down, Stay, Come
Basic Dog Training:
Is your dog a little energetic and out of control? Need help teaching or enforcing basic commands and manners? (Who doesn’t, really?! 😉 )
- Come (recall)
- Go to Place
- Target (touching your hand)
- Crate Training
- Focus (“look at me”)
- Leave It/Drop It
- House Manners (doorbell behavior, greeting people)
If there is one behavior issue you would like to address instead of basic training. Many destructive behaviors are due to a lack of exercise or structure. I can work intensively with you to modify and rehabilitate destructive behaviors like:
- Chewing and digging
- Leash frustration and manners: pulling, lunging and barking at dogs or people or cars/bikes/skateboards
- Separation anxiety and co-dependency
- Aggression: towards others dogs and humans
- Excessive barking
- Fearful behaviors: growling, snarling, cowering, hiding, and other fears.
- Selecting a shelter dog to add to your pack and introducing them correctly to your home and pack members.
I will travel with you to the shelter and observe your dog and the shelter dog interacting, and give you my feedback on their compatibility. When you select a dog to adopt, I will come to your home to spend about an hour helping you to correctly introduce the new dog to your other dogs and your home.
- Desensitizing your new dog or puppy to your cats or other animals.
Your dog can be taught how to behave around your cats. She can be taught not to chase them or jump on them or try to play with them.
- Introducing your dog to your new baby and child-dog home management.
There is a lot to learn about how to manage small kids and dogs. It’s a constant teaching experience and learning experience. It can be done so that kid and pup are not put at risk and learn to enjoy each other.
Click Here to Email Me, or Call (415) 875 0232
Fully insured and bonded. View my credentials.